April 18, 2022
IPTV and internet TV have taken over the world! Now, watching TV programs and streaming IPTV content is all people can think about whenever they want to consume content. But did you know that you do not need to watch TV just to watch IPTV channels?
In other words, did you know that you can watch internet protocol TV channels without needing a television? Yes! Watching digital TV channels from windows PC is certainly possible. You just need to know how to watch IPTV on PC, which you will learn all about in this in-depth guide.
So, let us not waste any more of your precious time and walk you through the process that will make it easier to watch IPTV streams desktop PC a breeze.
Methods to Watch IPTV Through Windows PC
There are loads of IPTV players for windows. These players simplify the process to stream IPTV and allow you to enjoy streaming services without the need to go through any hassles. Nonetheless, here is a brief description of each IPTV player for windows:
The name of the IPTV player says it all. The IPTV Subscription is a subscription-based service that will enable you to watch IPTV streams right from your PC. Once you subscribe to this IPTV provider, you will get the Nora Go program. This IPTV software basically acts as the main menu.
Unlike the free IPTV players, the interface of the IPTV player is pretty modern and sleek. So, navigating through the hundreds and hundreds of IPTV stream channels will be a child’s play for you.
There will be no need to worry about commercials because the IPTV service provider does not make money out of ads. And with one subscription, you can watch IPTV streams from three different devices, making it a proper pick for the best IPTV player on PC.
Another thing that makes this IPTV software worthy of the money is the fact you will not need to worry about cable contracts. Unlike the other IPTV services, you can simply unsubscribe if you no longer feel like watching live television channels.
Furthermore, you will not have to worry about setting up the IPTV software as it does not rely on the open network stream.
Did you know that you can watch IPTV streams without needing to install any 3rd party software? Yes, with MyIpTv, that will certainly be possible! The app is available directly on the Microsoft Store. In fact, the Microsoft team designed the app to make it easier for Windows users to watch video streams.
The process of setting up this stream media player is pretty easy. We will even further state that the app is a great pick for the best IPTV on PC for its setup process. All you are going to need is a connection from the internet service provider and follow these steps:
- Open the app, and you should see the startup screen (the startup screen might not look that good on the first run, but it will get better after the setup process)
- Click on the settings and click the Add New Playlist button
- Choose the EPG source, and in the middle of the screen, you should see the Remote Channel List
- Click on the box and enter the name of your preferred IPTV service name
- You see a part that states Enter Remote Source, where you would want to type in the M3U link provided by your IPTV service provider
- After that, you will see a list of the TV program
- Click on any of the programs, and you can stream IPTV on PC without any issues at all
Many of us know the VLC player as a media player that can handle multimedia files. But it does more than that! Basically, it is also an open-source multimedia player that can stream IPTV on PC. VLC supports almost all of the video and audio compression methods, and it is applicable for both offline and online streaming.
That said, these are the steps that you would need to follow to watch IPTV using the VLC media player:
- Download the latest version of the VLC media player, install, and launch it
- You will see loads of options on the top. From there, you would need to go to Open Network Stream option.
- Locate the option that says HTTP/FTP/HTTPS/MMS option. Check the box that will pop up after you click on this option.
- Type the IPTV network URL into the box and click next or press Enter
- The IPTV playlist should be visible in VLC, and you will be capable of seeing all of the channels on the left panel
- To surf through the channels, all you need to do is select the channels and click the right arrow to watch the IPTV channel
4. Simple TV
One of the free and convenient ways to watch IPTV on PC is through Simple TV. The unique thing about this IPTV software is that you can not only stream channels but also listen to the radio if you want to. However, it does not have support for Torrent TV technology.
On that note, there will be no need to install anything as the app is totally portable. For this feature, the start menu screen or the windows registry will not be modified. There will be no new data entries, and if you want to remove the app, no data will get left behind.
Other than that, the thing about this app is the interface. It is straightforward. The UI is organized to make it easier for you to browse through the channels you want to enjoy. You will even have the option to customize the way each of the entries is on the main window.
Nonetheless, as the IPTV app is pretty simple and straightforward, we believe that we do not need to go through the setup process.
The ProgDVB is a powerful and universal software that is for watching TV and enjoying online radio channels. This IPTV software has two independent user interfaces that can work together to offer you easy access to your favorite channels.
Another thing that makes it unique is that it is designed for remote control. However, that does not mean that you will not be capable of operating it with the mouse.
That said, the powerful IPTV program has support for tons of data sources. That includes:
- Sovok TV, Rodina TV, OTT Club, Katrina TV
- Radio – 8000 channels are on the list
- Internet television
- Playback from a file
- DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-T, DVB-C, ATSC, DVB-T2, ISDB-T
The XBMC is another powerful IPTV software that simplifies the process of watching IPTV on PC. However, the setup process is a bit more tricky than the others. But considering the number of features it has, it is surely worth it. So, these are the steps you would need to go through:
- Install XBMC and open it
- Go to system and then settings
- You will see loads of options. Among them, choose Live TV.
- Click on the Enable Live TV option, and you will get a warning message
- Do not worry; the warning message is a part of the setup process. Click ok.
- Select PVR IPTV Simple client
- You will see the application asking you to locate the file location of the m3u channel list file. You can create one by yourself and get one from your provider. Select the location of that file in this step.
- Finally, you will be on the last screen for the setup process. Here, all you need to do is enable the PVR add-on.
After the setup process, you will be capable of seeing the TV channels option on the main menu. Click on it and start watching the channels you want to.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I watch IPTV free from a Windows PC?
There are a lot of IPTV applications available that will not cost any money. In fact, all of the apps we have on our list are free, except for the first one. Select any of them and get yourself an m3u link or EPG link from a free service, and you will be all good. You can also try out the Plex Media Server. It is free as well.
2. Is IPTV Legal?
IPTV is totally legal in the USA. And if you are enjoying IPTV from a provider with all of the certifications, you will not be infringing any copyright laws either.
Learning how to watch IPTV on PC is not learning rocket science. All you need to know is which app you should rely on. Also, if you follow the steps that we have mentioned, you will be golden! There will be no need to go through extra hassles, nor will you need to seek out help from a professional.