April 18, 2022
That moment when you don’t know how to setup and cast IPTV on Google Chromecast adds a certain sense of defeat. What if I tell you there are ways to watch IPTV on Chromecast, using the same WiFi network on a smart tv?
First, there’s the matter of setting it up despite obtaining the IPTV service. Forget about missing out on the shows or your favorite video content.
Let’s get to the point, but hear me out on these explanations to comprehend the system better.
What’s a Google Chromecast?
A Google Chromecast is a device (like a dongle) that allows you to access streaming services (with paid subscription). This technology is like a metamorphosized turn of the old ways.
While you can begin with any streaming platform, there are 5 significant apps that the Chromecast device supports without a hassle. The superior Netflix is one of them, followed by Crunchyroll, Disney+, YouTube, Hulu, CBS All Play, and Amazon Prime Video.
You don’t have to pay for the Chromecast-connected TV monthly, but the streaming services only. But the first thing you have to do is ready the casting system using a phone/tablet or a pc/laptop.
We’ll get there.
Can You Stream IPTV on Chromecast?
If the Chromecast device can support Netflix, why not IPTV(Internet Protocol Television)? Yes, it is possible to acquire Chromecast IPTV, but expect to undertake small tasks under your wing.
For instance, you cannot cast IPTV just by connecting the device. Experienced IPTV users will tell you to obtain IPTV providers if you haven’t subscribed yet. This will be your first step.
What, you already watch IPTV channels using different methods? Then, an IPTV app or IPTV player is highly recommended to begin streaming with Chromecast.
In short, casting IPTV with this amazing device is absolutely possible if you’re okay with slight adjustments.
Setup IPTV on Chromecast
Once you get the IPTV provider, the next mission is to cast IPTV contents using Chromecast-connected tv. Are there IPTV apps that you should be looking for? Yes, you will find such apps alongside the compatible IPTV players in Google Play Store.
You’ll need them, pronto. And here is a list of things you’ll have to keep within reach:
- A smart TV
- A smartphone/tablet) or a laptop
- Chromecast device
- HDMI cable if the TV doesn’t have an additional port
- Speedy WiFi network
Install Chromecast on a Smart TV
The first task is to connect the Chromecast to your TV. The best thing about smart TVs is that there are more than a single USB and HDMI port.
- Hook the Chromecast dongle to the HDMI port of the tv.
- The other end goes to the tv’s USB port with the wire (Chromecast Ultra will require a power outlet to connect the adapter).
- Move to your smartphone screen; go to Play Store (for Android) or App Store (for iOS).
- Search the Google Home app and install it (The latest android devices should already have it).
- Meanwhile, turn on the TV; have the HDMI input channel on the TV screen.
- Go back to your phone – launch Google Home.
- The Chromecast setup steps should appear automatically. If it doesn’t, hit the + icon on the app.
- It will take you to Add & Manage menu. Tap Set up Device under Add to home.
- Select Set up new devices.
- A code will popup – make sure it’s the same as the one shown on your phone. Confirm it.
- Choose the region.
- You have to assign a name to the Chromecast so that you can distinguish it from other connected devices on the app.
- Select in which room the Chromecast is.
- Next, it is up to you to select sending a crash report or not; and whether to enable Guest Mode.
- Then hit continue.
- Enter WiFi username and password details (it should be the same one all other devices are connected to).
Cast IPTV on Chromecast
You must ensure that all the devices are linked to the same WiFi network, or else, it will not work. Now let’s move on to acquiring IPTV channels through Google Chromecast.
The IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) provides streaming services that allow you to experience live TV channels as well. Therefore, you are not limited to TV shows/series or movies alone.
Plan that get-together with your folks to enjoy a live match!
So there are multiple ways to cast IPTV on Chromecast, depending on the device that’s available to you. The overall process, from here on, is pretty easy as long as you obtain the required apps.
With Android & iOS Devices
I assume that you already have subscribed to the IPTV provider. Now grab your android phone and do the following:
Using GSE Smart IPTV App
There are many other similar apps, but GSE smart IPTV app is, by far, the best:
- Install GSE Smart IPTV app (Android users might have to download the .apk file)
- Select the + icon and add stream URL (M3U or JSON, according to the login options given by the IPTV provider).
- Create a name for the playlist, include other details to achieve IPTV on the device.
- Pick your TV channel or the IPTV contents (on-demand) to play.
- Tap the Cast icon (a TV screen with a WiFi sign) and select your Chromecast device.
- Upon successful pairing, the IPTV shows will stream on TV.
Using Screen Mirroring
Simply choose the Cast function on a smartphone and connect the Chromecast device. Download an IPTV app and launch it, enter the stream URL and start streaming!
With PC (Windows/macOS)
Have VLC media player and Google Chrome browser installed on the PC. Then:
- Open browser; click three vertical dots on the right-top section.
- Select Cast > Sources > Cast Desktop.
- Pick the Chromecast device; the screen mirroring will initiate.
- Open VLC media player and choose Media > Open network stream (ctrl+N) > Network tab.
- Enter IPTV URL (M3U link given by the IPTV provider) and hit Play.
- Wait till the contents are loaded; choose your desired channel and see it mirror play on the TV screen.
These are the instructions regarding how to setup and cast IPTV on Google Chromecast the easy way. It might feel lengthy, but the process, when in action, will take no more than 10-15 minutes.
Time to get the popcorn ready!